After a pouplation rise in Daventry, the demand for school places increased. The new Monksmoor Primary school provides 237 pupil places and an additional 30 nursery places.
The build is a defect free, single-storey school consisting of open plan corridors, a multi-use sports hall and teaching spaces.
Briggs & Forrester Special Project carried out the mechanical and electrical works for the new Sunesis School.
Mechanical works included:
- LTHW underfloor heating system – heat source provided by air source heat pumps to the School;
- Mains cold water services;
- Domestic hot water services;
- Gas pipework distribution service;
- Above ground drainage services;
- A building management controls system;
- Localised mechanical extract ventilation systems;
- Kitchen supply & extract ventilation system
Electrical works included:
Power, Data Coms, TV/SAT, Induction Loops, Fire Alarm System, Disabled Toiler Call System, CCTV, Intruder Alarm, Access Control, Video Entry, Panic Alarm, Lightning Protection and Photo Voltaic.