- Special Projects
- Full Time
We wish to appoint a Bid Lead to enable further growth of our highly successful team.
- Support the delivery of the business vision, goals and strategy.
- Lead a professional approach to all aspects of tender delivery and customer engagement.
- Implementation of effective win strategy and presentation of high quality compelling bids.
- Actively contribute to achieving the target win ratio.
- Maintain consistently high standards of bid delivery across the team.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Support business development by identifying suitable opportunities in conjunction with the Business Development and Pre-Construction Manager. Build a network of client and consultant contacts, maintaining regular contact to track new opportunities.
- Preparation of Pre-Qualification Questionnaires coordinating input from others in the Group.
- Develop relationships including Client, PM, PQS, M&E consultant & Main Contractor(s) both before and during the bid period so that we understand the project and the client’s key drivers and position our bid/offer to compliment these requirements.
- Develop and implement the win strategy for each tender to differentiate the bid and increase the likelihood of success.
- Manage the formulation, drafting and editing of tender submission documents and presentation material (Mid-bid, post tender, etc.) to provide an attractive, cohesive and tailored response.
- Organise, attend and chair appropriate internal/external meetings and events with the required support. Internally, present the project requirements and win strategy at the required reviews and tender settlement meetings.
- Design – Identify responsibilities and requirements, ensure the required audits and assessments are undertaken, along with completion or preparation of the design as required for pricing purposes, prepare Contractors Proposals or derogations and undertake an evaluation of alternative solutions.
- Estimating – Co-ordinate input from the estimating team to ensure a competitive and accurate prime cost is achieved together with value engineering options and alternatives. Undertake estimating tasks as required including preparing budgets, issuing and evaluating supply chain quotations, take-offs, etc. Implement strategies for supply chain engagement and evaluation of alternatives. Review and agree the plan for presentation and agreement of proposed tender letter, qualifications, tender analysis and other deliverables.
- Principal Contracting – Ensure all supporting documentation is prepared for submission including Method Statements, HSEQ Proposals, Logistics, Construction Phase Plan etc.
- Planning – Review the proposed programme and manage team input to provide a coherent and appropriate response including both the feasibility of the client’s own proposals and any options to challenge or improve upon it. Preparation and management of a tender submission programme.
- Commercial – Liaise with the commercial department to review and comment upon the proposed Terms and Conditions, warranties, etc. and implement a strategy for presentation and agreement with the client.
- General – Prepare Tender Handover documentation and lead the presentation of the accepted tender. Continue to liaise with the project delivery and client team as required to ensure a smooth transition into contract and subsequent construction.
Experience and Qualifications
- At least 5 Years’ experience in building services estimating.
- Qualified to HND level in Building Services or equivalent experience.
Essential Skills and Attributes
- Ability to lead and a good team player
- Presentation and written communication skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Planning and organisation
- Proficient in Estimation; Word; Excel; PowerPoint and Asta PowerProject.
- At all times you represent the Company and should conduct yourself in accordance with Our Values: Professional – Dynamic – Responsible
– Competitive salary
– 25 days holiday (up to 30 days with service) plus bank holidays
– Private healthcare scheme and life insurance
– Pension scheme
– Employee owned business
– An excellent working environment, opportunities for career progression and further technical and personal development
– Flexible holiday scheme