How can we
A multi block new build residential development in Manchester city centre. Briggs & Forrester were responsible for the design and installation of the mechanical, electrical and public health services to Blocks G and H which contain 546 one, two and three bed apartments across the two 9 and 10 storey blocks.
- Bathroom pods were utilised for the project to improve sustainability, programme and health and safety
- Optimised TM59 analysis, ventilation and acoustic design
- Coordinated façade plenum detail (A2 non combustible)
- SAP block compliance – calculated thermal bridging, heated corridors
- Water efficiency calculations completed <110 l/p/p/pd – reduced infrastructure costs
- Optimised glazing g-values
We have a fully integrated design and build capability across the group, including 3D coordination and Building Information Modelling. By developing the design and being fully involved in the early stages of a project, we can provide timely design solutions and verification.
The group provides a range of specialist skills encompassing engineering, design, installation, and maintenance. The combined experience, knowledge and expertise of all five divisions enables the group to develop and implement fully-integrated solutions for some of the most complex and demanding mechanical, electrical and public health engineering installations.
We guarantee a smooth handover transition with the project team remaining the main point of contact, the development of commissioning and training plan and regular visits from our team in the months after practical completion.
Our Building Services Maintenance team provides a complete range of technical facilities and maintenance services including building maintenance, design and build projects, air-conditioning and building energy management systems offering a national service across regional offices.